JOB PURPOSE: Performs nursing duties such as patient preparation, sample collection, information gathering, patient follow-up, data collection, and medication administration. Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
• Responsible for fostering a positive work environment.
• Assesses patients’ needs based on patient history, risk factors, patient complaint, need for care, etc. Classifies the urgency of symptoms. Notifies appropriate personnel in unique situations.
• Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
• Takes and records various readings such as heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body temperature, etc.
• Perform nursing service per qualifications, based on the plan of care, following established policies, procedures and/or protocol.
• Actively participate in the planning and organization of services under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
• Prioritize and deliver nursing care under the direction of the R.N. based on the nursing and medical plan of care.
• Delegates such tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Provides safe and effective nursing care rendered directly or indirectly.
• Administers medications as stipulated by the policies and procedures of the facility.
• Communicates with all members of the healthcare team. • Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards.
• Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or other appropriate health professionals as often as needed, changes in the client condition. Ensures documentation reflects.
• Responsible for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge. Participates in In-service programs as required.
• Ensure all safety and infection control practices are followed.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Maintain confidentiality of client and patient information.
• Performing other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in
• Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal
learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Act as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of
meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards. Complies with established
policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• Current LPN license issued by the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing
• Current BLS (or obtained within 30 day of hire)
• Two (2) years of clinical experience preferred.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.
Contact Sarah Chrane – Human Resources at (405) 247-8231 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org