Medical Records Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to assure that medical records are maintained in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in accordance with our established policies and procedures, to assure that a complete medical records program is maintained.
The medical records manager is also responsible for enacting records updating and retention policies, ensuring that procedures and regulations are being followed, and creating reports as needed by hospital administration or government agencies.
- Assure Medical Records department is maintaining records in accordance with state and local laws and regulatory requirements
- Manages and coordinates a system for safeguarding and updating active and inactive patient medical records
- Monitors the accurateness of patient records and documentation of patient visits.
- Serves as an advisor on medical records policies and consultant to medical staff.
- Maintains a referral tracking system to insure proper follow-up of patient care referred for outside consultations and imaging services.
- Trains and supervises medical records personnel in the daily operations of the medical records department.
- Evaluates performance, implements corrective action on areas needing improvement or re-training
- Orients new staff to the relationship and interaction of medical records unit with other units of department.
- Collect and assemble/compile records for committee review, as requested, and prepare reports for staff/other committees as directed. Attend such meetings as may be necessary or appropriate.
- Develop new or revise policies, procedures, forms, and reports based on regulatory requirements and best practice guidelines
- Coordinate, maintain and control confidentiality and integrity of all medical record documents
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, health information regulatory requirements, and health information technology
- Knowledge of computer systems utilizing Microsoft Office programs and standard Health Information technology, including Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and infraware
- Ability to train and evaluate staff and to plan, assign, and review their work
- Ability to maintain cohesive relationships with other employees
- Associate degree in medical records technology and/or health care related field
- Five years’ experience in medical records or related field (with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience)
- CPT/CCS and RHIT or HIM certification required (RHIA preferred)
Contact Brischelle Lampkin – Human Resources at (405) 247-8231 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org