Monday-Friday No Call, Weekend, or Holiday Requirements. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include 401K matching, Health, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc. For the employee only, the bottom tier medical plan, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the company.
Under the supervision of a Surgery Manager the surgical scrub tech is responsible for handling the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure(s). They must have an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipate the needs of the surgeon in order to collaborate for optimum patient outcomes. They must have the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and be constantly vigilante at maintaining the sterile field.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
• Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
• Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
• Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to appropriate persons and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.
• Assists and anticipates the needs of the surgeons.
• Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
• Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.
• Follows aseptic technique, when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
• Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
• Follows written procedures for steam sterilization; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
• Regularly collaborates with other members of the nursing and surgical team.
• Regularly performs safety checks on equipment and removes damaged equipment from service.
• Aware of where all supplies are kept and is able to get or put away accordingly.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve patient care.
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in patient care.
• Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Act as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Standards of Behavior. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Graduate of a Surgical Technology Program; certificate of surgical technologists (CST)
• Current BLS (or obtained within 90 days)
• 2 years of Scrub Tech experience or completion of an approved surgical technician program.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.