We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include 401K matching, Health, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc. For the employee only, the bottom tier medical plan, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the company.
JOB PURPOSE: Performs nursing duties such as patient preparation, sample collection, information gathering, patient follow-up, data collection, and medication administration. Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
• Responsible for fostering a positive work environment.
• Assesses patients’ needs based on patient history, risk factors, patient complaint, need for care, etc. Classifies the urgency of symptoms. Notifies appropriate personnel in unique situations.
• Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
• Takes and records various readings such as heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body temperature, etc.
• Perform nursing service per qualifications, based on the plan of care, following established policies, procedures and/or protocol.
• Actively participate in the planning and organization of services under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
• Prioritize and deliver nursing care under the direction of the R.N. based on the nursing and medical plan of care.
• Delegates such tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Provides safe and effective nursing care rendered directly or indirectly.
• Administers medications as stipulated by the policies and procedures of the facility.
• Communicates with all members of the healthcare team. • Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards.
• Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or other appropriate health professionals as often as needed, changes in the client condition. Ensures documentation reflects.
• Responsible for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge. Participates in In-service programs as required.
• Ensure all safety and infection control practices are followed.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Maintain confidentiality of client and patient information.
• Performing other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in
• Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal
learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Act as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of
meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards. Complies with established
policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• Current LPN license issued by the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing
• Current BLS (or obtained within 30 day of hire)
• Two (2) years of clinical experience preferred.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.
Contact Sarah Chrane – Human Resources at (405) 247-8231 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org