JOB PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Materials Management Technician, is responsible for assuring that supplies, equipment, and all materials are properly receipted and distributed on a daily basis. Employee will assist the Materials Manager in the completion of appropriate documents for processing and filing. On a routine basis will ensure that stock is available in the appropriate locations throughout the facility to facilitate effective and efficient operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Delivers supplies and equipment to the user departments in an efficient and timely manner.
• Maintains all areas of materials storage in a neat and organized manner.
• Restocks utilizing proper rotation, organization, identification, documentation and proper location of stock items.
• Properly handles and stores sterile items to maintain sterility.
• Requires minimal supervision in performance of job duties.
• Understands how to prioritize responsibilities to ensure completion of duties
• Receives all materials delivered to the facility by various vendors.
• Makes corrections, deletions and adjustments to quantities of materials stocked in relation to the PAR Level Replenishment System throughout the facility.
• Maintains all areas of material storage in a net and organized manner, utilizing proper rotation. • Assists with identification of what should be in stock, organization of the storage space, and the maintenance of appropriate levels of stock in the patient care, ancillary and administrative areas. • Data enters orders and receipts into the Materials Management computer system and completes other computer tasks as delegated. • Additional duties as requested.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve departmental goals.
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices.
• Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Act as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrate excellent work attendance and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
• 1 year of Materials Management/Inventory experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.