Monday-Friday! No Call, Weekend, or Holiday Requirements. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include 401K matching, Health, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc. For the employee only, the bottom tier medical plan, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the company.
Provides patient care in the office setting. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or physician. Maintains regulatory requirements, nursing and office policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of an RN/LPN/LVN and/or physician, evaluates outcomes, and consults with other health team members as required.
- Ability to assist nursing and medical staff with routine examinations and patient treatments. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when patient complains of pain.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served.
- Medical and surgical asepsis is carried out during treatments and special procedures.
- Ability to position and prep patients for office procedures.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers, physicians and Office Manager.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures and perform services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN/LPN/LVN and/or physician.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in patient education.
- Maintains infection prevention and control standards for exam/procedure rooms; cleans, disinfects, changes linen, etc.
- Maintains office instruments; knowledgeable of sterilization techniques and biological indicators for sterilization.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Maintains established office policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection prevention and control standards.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with office standards.
- Answers telephone calls in a professional manner, directs calls appropriately; refers patient problems to office physician; schedules patient appointments.
- May performs basic bookkeeping and accounting responsibilities.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies.
- Assists in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all staff members of the office.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Performs preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or physically distressful situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the medical assistant’s scope of practice.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of Avem Health Partners and serve as a role model within the company.
- Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
- Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in patient care.
- Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
- Act as a preceptor as requested.
- Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to the Avem Health Partners Code of Conduct and Standards of Behavior. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Communicate accurately and appropriately.
- Additional duties within scope of practice.
- Associates Degree
- Completion of venipuncture class.
- One (1) year experience in clinic or hospital setting.
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) required.
- Current BLS certification (or obtained within 30 days)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
- This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.