|The Quality Improvement Specialist will support the Quality Improvement program by gathering, evaluating, and reporting clinical data from patient records to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, nursing documentation requirements, and quality patient care standards.
· Gathers, reviews, evaluates, and reports clinical data including patients’ medical records
· Applies quality assurance criteria and nursing documentation standards
· Analyzes data for patterns and trends in care delivery
· Participates in root cause analysis and intervention development.
· Trains and educates staff to promote good quality care and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
· Works with leadership and staff to create policies and procedures the ensure good quality care and minimize harm to the patient
· Keeps up to date with applicable federal and state laws and regulations
· Confirms charge documentation is provided to external billing source(s) in a timely manner
· Performs chart audits to include appropriateness of charges is supported by documentation
· Current RN or LPN license from the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing; Emergency Department experience preferred
· Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated clinical expertise to effectively facilitate evaluation of quality care
· Experience in Inpatient and Outpatient documentation requirements, including state regulations and guidance regarding nursing documentation
· Perform other job related duties as assigned
Note: This is a full time position with flexibility in hours required in order to meet deadline submission at end of month and/or on weekends.
- About Us
- Current Positions Available
- Employment Application
- Auxiliary (Volunteer) Application
- Upload Resume
- TPHA Patient Portal
- Privacy Practices