|The Registration Clerk Scheduler schedules patients for outpatient services, conducts patient interviews, and explains hospital policies, financial responsibilities, and patient bill of rights. Obtains demographic, financial, pre-certification or authorization information. This position is the first point of customer contact for general inquiries like pricing, products, scheduling etc. Registers patients for outpatient procedures. Builds and maintains a business relationship with clients by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote customer loyalty. Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires.|
- Answer all incoming calls regarding patient accounts.
- Research account issues; correct and/or initiate correction of errors.
- Respond to all requests from THPA Business Office and/or Central Business Office (CBO)
- Correct errors, refer insurance issues to TPHA Business Office and/or CBO, insure correct and timely billing.
- Initiate outgoing telephone contact in order to receive payment and/or
(payment arrangements, Approved by TPHA Business Office) and increase cash collection.
- Respond to or forward as needed all non-cash business office correspondence.
- Assist registration and medical records as necessary.
- Ability to supervise and lead others as needed (ie. training, orienting new employees).
- Computer literate.
- Strong, effective interpersonal skills.
- Ten key by touch.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and functions.
- Cash handling and understanding of payment terms and agreements.
- Ability to analyze accounts and effectively communicate with patients.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with patients while remaining calm, respectful, and confident.
- Works independently, respectfully, and efficiently.
Education/Training: Some college preferred, but not necessary. High School or Equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year scheduling in a medical business office setting.