- Calling insurance companies to acquire benefits and authorizations for outpatient surgeries, outpatient walk ins for in house services
- Figuring out what the patient financial responsibility will be for their scheduled procedure
- Calling the patients in a timely manner with the estimated financial responsibility due at time of check in
- Helping with the phones, receiving faxes for outpatient services
- Supporting the registrars with patient/paperwork work flow
- Giving the surgery department the required paperwork for outpatient surgeries
- Filling in where needed, as needed
- Computer literate.
- Strong, effective interpersonal skills.
- Ten key by touch.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and functions.
- Cash handling and understanding of payment terms and agreements.
- Ability to analyze accounts and effectively communicate with patients.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with patients while remaining calm, respectful, and confident.
- Works independently, respectfully, and efficiently.
Education/Training: Some college preferred, but not necessary. High School or Equivalent
Experience: A minimum of 1 year in a medical business office setting preferred.