$15K Sign On Bonus! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, etc. Also for the employee only, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the employer
JOB PURPOSE: Using discretion and independent judgment, assumes responsibility for overall functions and professional growth of the Department, contributes to development of site-specific therapist driven protocols, provides consultation with regard to pulmonary disorders and Respiratory Therapy practice, and provides quality respiratory care while ensuring the development and routine monitoring of the
Respiratory Therapy Department. This position also provides discipline specific education to patients, families and staff as required, and works collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer to ensure that all departmental standards are met while following the appropriate standards of practice to ensure regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Respiratory Therapy Department to include staff interviews, employment decision, orientation, performance evaluations, employee training and development, as well as inventory, equipment, and instrument issues.
- Sharing responsibility for employee engagement, recruitment and retention
- Steering Progressive clinical excellence through staff development
- Implementing company standards of care, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment.
- Remains alert to and assesses possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
- Coaches, teaches and trains staff.
- Maintains staff schedule and fills in any gaps. Works the floor as needed.
- Able to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action.
- Manages special projects as needed.
- Communicates and resolves issues with customers.
- Is an effective role model for professional behavior.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
- Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation.
- Makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
- Follows departmental equipment sterilization procedures.
- Documents all pertinent data on the patient’s medical record following completion of any service.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, logbooks and their proper usage.
- Performs EKGs, types report interpretations, sends reports to physicians who requested them and files reports in department, according to department procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients, as well as the general patient population.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of oxygen concentrations and medication doses as they relate to patients of varying ages.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Other duties as requested.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
- Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Communicate accurately and appropriately.
- Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
- Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
- Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve departmental goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
- Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices.
- Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
- Act as a preceptor as requested.
- Demonstrate excellent work attendance and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five (5) years respiratory experience
- Two (2) years supervisory experience preferred
- Current CRT/RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT preferred)
- Current RCP from the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS (or obtained within 30 days of hire)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
- This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.