Monday-Friday No Call, Weekend, or Holiday Requirements. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, etc. Also for the employee only, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the employer.
The RN Circulator will be responsible for the delivery of patient care in the intraoperative setting utilizing the nursing process and in accordance with policy and procedures. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Contributes to the assessment of the patient and provides oversight of the patient care and safety before and during surgical case.
• Circulates, assembles and provides pertinent lab work, allergies, vital signs and notifies physician of any potential foreseen complications or contradiction to procedure.
• Anticipates the needs of the patient and surgical team and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
• Assist with taking and recording vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure.
• Provides education to the patient and family regarding intra-operative phase and routine.
• Evaluation and implementation of standing orders/protocols as needed based on patient status.
• Administration of medications and other IV medications as ordered by physician.
• Assist with turning over and setting up procedure room, sterilizing and equipment preparation for procedures as needed.
• Provides work guidance, support and instruction to peers and other staff members.
• Serves as a communication liaison to the family and operating team.
• Monitor patients for condition changes, reporting any changes to the physician.
• Communicates with the clinical team members appropriately.
• Assists in all areas of surgical services as needed.
• Perform intervention duties during post-operative emergencies.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve patient care.
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in patient care.
• Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Act as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Standards of Behavior. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• Current RN license issued by the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing
• Current BLS and ACLS (or obtained within 90 days of hire)
• 2 years of RN Circulator experience required.
• Scrub skills preferred
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.