Job Description Under general supervision the RN Case Manager is responsible for assisting in carrying out the hospital’s Case Management Plan. Educates staff regarding effective allocation of the hospital’s resources while encouraging provision of high quality patient care. Is cognizant of regulations and policies of all review organizations relating to billing of the fiscal intermediaries coordinates, monitors and evaluates options and services to meet an individual’s health needs. Provides a full range of case management services in collaboration, and communication with other staff members. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates options to facilitate the continuum of care.
· Manage in a case management system using ongoing interaction with patients, physicians, and other health providers to meet designated clinical, operational, and financial outcomes for aggregate patient populations.
· Assist physicians, patients, families, staff, and payors in providing care for patient populations that is appropriate, effective, and cost efficient.
· Attend and actively participate in all departmental and interdepartmental meeting relative to Case Management/ Social functions.
· Collaborates with payors and review organizations to ensure proper utilization of patient care resources.
· Documents clearly and concisely all contacts and information of the patient’s case management process on the appropriate chart forms.
· Educates physicians and staff regarding appropriate level of care/utilization issues.
· Graduate of accredited school of nursing and possess current RN license for State of Oklahoma.
· Minimum of five (5) years acute hospital nursing or swing bed experience and three (3) to five (5) years acute hospital or swing bed Case Management experience required.
· Ability to work with diverse patient and staff populations with knowledge and sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting on patient care
· Exhibit a positive attitude
· Ability to document Case Management plans in a clear and concise manner
· Knowledge of state and federal programs that provide medical care and financial support to individuals and community resources.
· Ability to work independently, with little direction
· Knowledge of the Continuum of Care and Utilization processes
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Contact Sarah Chrane – Human Resources at (405) 247-8231 or via email email@example.com