Monday-Friday No Call, Weekend, or Holiday Requirements. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include 401K matching, Health, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc. For the employee only, the bottom tier medical plan, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the company.
The Instrument Technician is responsible for the proper decontamination of all instruments and disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, packaging, and wrapping as well as sterilizing all instruments utilizing one of the following three methods of sterilization: steam, Steris, or Medivator. This position also adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensures that all instruments are rapidly decontaminated for turnover procedures and that instrument sets are assembled according to count sheets.
• Completes the necessary processes for sterilization; keeps records of cleaning of all steam sterilizers in the department.
• Is responsible for assembling and maintaining sterilization charts for the following sterilizers: steam, Steris, and Medivator.
• Performs an inventory review and orders and restocks the supplies needed for the autoclaving processes.
• Is responsible for determining the need for and the replacement of routine instruments and initiates repairs and purchase orders with director approval.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role
model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in
• Knowledge of preparing and sterilizing surgical instruments and supplies preferred.
• IAHCSMM Certification preferred.
• 2 years experience with sterile processing preferred.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the
employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties