Monday-Friday No Call, Weekend, or Holiday Requirements. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include 401K matching, Health, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc. For the employee only, the bottom tier medical plan, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance is paid 100% by the company.
The Pre-Op/Post-Op RN administers diligent care to the outpatients via monitoring, assessment, intervention and reassessment. The Pre-Op/Post-Op RN will provide care for patients recovering from general, regional and local anesthesia.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assess, instructs and prepares patients prior to surgery.
• Effectively explains pre-op and/or post-op discharge instructions to the patient.
• Take and record vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure.
• Initiate IVs and ensure patients are informed about procedure.
• Assess patient’s post-operative condition.
• Document the patient assessment, plan of care, and response to intervention and meets documentation standards.
• Communicate and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to ensure continuity of care. Answer patient questions and ensure patient comfort.
• Monitor patients for condition changes, reporting any changes to the physician.
• Communicates with the clinical team members appropriately.
• Assists in all areas of surgical services as needed.
• Correctly and efficiently administers medications, treatments, and nursing interventions per policy.
• Perform intervention duties during post-operative emergencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
• Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
• Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately.
• Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
• Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
• Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
• Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve patient care.
• Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
• Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in patient care.
• Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
• Act as a preceptor as requested.
• Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
• Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Standards of Behavior. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
• Current RN Licensure to practice nursing in Oklahoma
• Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
• 2 years experience working Pre/Post Op with varied surgical patient populations
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
• This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.