|· Performs and coordinates the clerical and clinical functions of the inpatient unit
· Super user on the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and facilitates/coordinates training for Provider utilization of the EHR and trouble shoots any issues before going to HIM/Healthland Subject matter expert.
· Utilizes Super user knowledge to work very closely with providers who have Uncoded Episodes daily to help ensure timely processing and potential episodes being sent back to the hospital as uncoded.
· Assists with the Uncoded Report by following-up with staff whose names appear on the report.
· Trains staff on electronic and manual processes regarding EHR as necessary.
· Assists Privacy Officer to ensure patient confidentiality at all times and constantly preforms a sweep of assigned areas to ensure we are meeting State regulations (i.e. no PHI information left out, etc.).
· Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities
· Prepares medical records for new admissions and discharged patients
· Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s healthcare needs
· Aids in scheduling and coordinating patient services and diagnostic studies provided by ancillary departments
· Obtains appropriate nursing staff to assist patients/providers in the care of the patient
· Transcribes physician’s orders within one (1) hours after being written during regular business house (0800 – 1700)
· Enters and verifies orders in the computer system as required
· Performs Chart audits as required
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurses, co-workers and providers utilizing all methods of communication i.e phone, email, verbal, etc.
· Obtains orders as required
· Retrieves all clinical lab results from computer and brings the results to the attention of the Charge Nurse
· Greet Visitors and direct them to appropriate staff
· Performs various clerical and administrative functions such as ordering and maintain an inventory of supplies
· Works with the other members of their work team to maintain a neat and organized environment in and around the unit desk, supply areas.
· Maintains a positive and professional attitude and demeanor when interacting with staff, providers, patients and visitors whether on the phone, in person or over the call system. Communicates patient needs to their team members in a timely and professional manner
· Attends meetings as required
· Assists with generating reports and trends data for management as required.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.